Highlights Recently Published Regulatory Notices
01 – 15 June 2016
- Proposes to extend the Penny Pilot Program until December 31, 2016.
- Proposes to expand a pilot to permit P.M. settled options on any eligible broad-based index to expire on any Monday, Wednesday or Friday except third-Friday and end-of-month days.
- Publishes details related to its conversion to SWIFT messaging for Corporate Action Messages.
From DTCC Solutions:
- Announces the deployment of CBRS Phase 6 is on schedule for June 24, 2016.
- Issues a statement to remind financial intuitions of the need to actively manage the risks associated with interbank messaging and wholesale payment networks.
- Received SEC approval of rule change to permanently adopt certain aspects of the pilot program of the GCF Repo service program.
- Develops a checklist for small firms to use related to their Cybersecurity programs.
- Issues two significant fines against firms for rule violations.
- Revises its OATS Trade Reporting Technical Specifications.
- Announces the appointment of Robert W. Cook as President and CEO of FINRA which will be effective in the second half of 2016.
- Issues its Disciplinary Actions report for June 2016.
From the IRS:
- Releases FATCA XML Schema, data packaging code samples related to its change to cipher mode and issues information on testing of IDES testing in June 2016.
- Files rule change to revise the content outline for the Municipal Advisor Representative Qualification examination (Series 50).
- Releases new functionality to its Retail Order Process to allow orders to become active at 8:00 a.m. ET instead of market open.
- Posts FAQs and other important information on its website related to the Tick Size Pilot Program.
- Requests execution submitters to migrate trade submissions into UTC using two new key standard.
- Issues reminder to members of the policies governing conduct on its and the NYSE Market floors.
- Announces modifications to the CFE OFRA file so that weekly and monthly VIX features and options are carried in the same Combined Commodity Code VXB effective July 8, 2016.
- Issues $1,000,000 fine to a firm related to failure to safeguard customer data.
- Adopts new Rule 15Gi-1 and 15Fi-2 that requires security –based swap dealers and major participants to provide trade acknowledgement and verification in swap transactions.
- Solicits comments on changes to SIPC Bylaws related to member’s assessments and if the current assessments provide adequate funding.
- Publishes recommendations related to way to enhance bond market information for retail investors.
- Approves FINRA proposes rule change to establish margin requirements for the TBA market.
06 01 16 – 06 15 16 Recently Published Regulatory Notices