Highlights Recently Published Regulatory Notices (See attached document for details and links to source documents)
01 – 15 of October 2016
From Chicago Board Options Exchange:
- Proposes various changes of its rules related to the opening of an option series for trading.
- Issues notice that the ISG is making changes to Electronic Blue Sheets effective December 30, 2016.
- Announces changes to its Floor Broker Workstation to require stronger passwords.
From Depository Trust Company:
- Proposal rule change related to its Pledge functionality addressing various types of financing or collateral transactions that may be used by Participants.
- Proposes rule change to allow it to automate the process for the submission request for securities already issued and outstanding to become eligible for deposit and book-entry transfer services.
From Fixed Income Clearing Corporation:
- Receives SEC approval of rule change of a blackout period exposure charge which may be imposed on Netting Members participants in the CF Repo Service.
- Announces it has recalculated and revised the Novation Prefunding Fee applicable to clearing members beginning January 2017.
- Issues Trade Reporting Notice addressing procedures for firms that submit clearing-eligible trades to the ADF using Trade Match or Trade Acceptance functionality.
- Announces the process it will use when a security moved from the Control Group to a Test Group during the Tick Size Pilot program.
- Publishes its monthly Disciplinary Actions report for October 2016.
From Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board:
- Proposes a rule change related to the composition of its Board of Directors.
- Issues request for public input for its long-term priorities to guide its strategic direction planning cycle starting in January 2017.
From North American Securities Administrators Association:
- Issues request for comment on a proposed Statement of Policy Regarding the Use of Electronic Offering Documents and Electronic Signatures.
- Announces the update of its OUCH to Trade Options (OTTO) technical specifications.
- Issues several notices related to the securities assignments in the Tick Size Pilot program.
From New York Stock Exchange and NYSE Market:
- NYSE proposes rule changes to clarify certain aspects of its rules related to the operations of the Exchange.
- Issues details of the manner in which it will accept tips and complaints.
- Reminds members of their self-reporting obligations and provides guidance on how members should report disclosures to the exchange.
From the Securities & Exchange Commission:
- Announces its enforcement actions for fiscal year 2016.
- Adopts new rules and forms as well as amendments to current rules related to Investment Company Reporting Modernizations and Liquidity Risk Management Programs.
- Adopts amendments to Rule 22c-1 under the ’40 Act permitting registered open-end funds under certain circumstances to use swing pricing.
From the United State T2 Industry Working Group:
- Publishes list of products that are in scope to move to a T+2 settlement period.
- Issues recommendations to the primary market to support the industry move to a T+2 settlement cycle.