Highlights Recently Published Regulatory Notices
01–15 of August 2017
From Chicago Board Options Exchange:
- Proposes to amend its Interpretation and Policy to double the position and exercise limitys for FXI, EEM, IWM, EFA, EWZ, TLT, VXX, QQQQ and EWJ.
From Commodity Futures Trading Commission:
- Issues a letter to provide time-limited no-action relief from certain aspects of the position aggregation requirements under its Regulation 150.4.
From Depository Trust Company:
- Issues list of non-transferable securities scheduled for destruction on or after November 11, 2017.
From DTCC Solutions:
- Announces several enhancements to CBRS effective in 4Q 2017.
From Fixed Income Clearing Corporation:
- Publishes a list which it will update monthly of Clearing Eligible Securities to indicate which TBA CUSIPs are eligible for its Operational Novation.
- Issues a Novation Quick Reference Guide and list of TBA CUSIPs eligible for its Operational Novation.
- In conjunction with SIPC announce a services agreement in which FINRA will accept filings and forward them to SIPC on behalf of the submitters.
- Issues its monthly report of Disciplinary Actions.
- Updates a list of ATS Identifiers needed for TRACE Reporting.
From the Internal Revenue Service:
- Publishes a new FAQ on FFI Agreement renewals providing information for entities that have missed the July 31, 2017 renewal deadline.
- Announces enhancements to its Closing Cross by allowing customers to enter LOC orders after the first net order imbalance indicator is disseminated.
- Publishes updated specification to support a new Reject Order Reason Code.
- Updates its FIX Interface and OTTO specifications detailing changes for additional Time-in-Force instruction on PIM and Facilitation orders.
From National Securities Clearing Corporation:
- Announces an updated to its Industry Documents related to certain enhancements for AIP products.
- Files rule change to adjust its fees related to its Insurance and Retirement Processing services.
- Posts notice of upcoming enhancements to its I&RS Services.
- Proposes rule changes to its calculation of margin imposed on CNS fail positions.
From Options Clearing Corporation:
- Updates its members on the activities taking place during the implementation of the revised Accord between itself and NSCC.
- Advises members that on August 7, 2017 it will send non-NSCC guaranteed obligations resulting from an exercise / assignment of an equity option or the maturity of a security futures to NSCC’s Universal Trade Capture.
- Announces changes to the OFRA files effective on August 14, 2017.
From Office of Comptroller of Currency:
- OCC (FRB and FDIC) issues interagency guidance on the regulatory capital treatment of certain centrally cleared derivative contracts in response to recent changes to the rulebooks of certain central counterparties.
From the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board:
- Announces a censure and $1 million civil penalty against PricewaterhouseCoopers for violations during its examination and audit of Merrill Lynch’s compliance with the SEC’s Customer Protection Rule.
From UST2 Committee:
- Issues details of certain corporate action events and how they will be processed over the conversion of the industry’s move to a shortened settlement cycle.
From the Securities & Exchange Commission:
- Publishes a report describing trends in primary securities issuance and secondary market liquidity.