Highlights Recently Published Regulatory Notices
01 – 15 of October 2017
From the Chicago Board Options Exchange:
- Announces an information session to be held on October 18, 2017 to educate PAR Operators on the PAR calculator functionality.
- Plans to enhance its MMTN message to include time of execution recorded by the PAR Operator and an execution price alert code.
From the Depository Trust Company:
- Proposes revisions to its Distribution Guide to enhance its Announcements Feature.
- Files rule change to eliminate its “Two-Day Surcharge” charged to participants when they submit an eligibility required for a new issue of securities two business days prior to the closing date.
- Will enhances its Settlement Web for transactions generated by the DTCC Euroclear Global Collateral Ltd CMS Auto-Select Service on October 19, 2017.
- Notifies participants it will offer starting on November 10, 2017 an optional service enhancement to allow for increased tracking functionality for ID Institutional Deliveries.
- Publishes the list of non-transferrable securities set to be destroyed on or after January 10, 2018.
- Announces changes to its current process to use three separate forms for redemption presentation by combining the presentation into one form streamlining the process for participants.
- Delays until October 12, 2017 of the acceptance and editing of files of the plan new record layouts for CBRS Phase 7 Enhancements.
- Proposes amendments to its Rule 6121 to reflect recent amendments to the Reg NMS Plan to Address Extraordinary Volatility Plan related to the resumption of trading in a securities subject to the Plan.
- Announces SEC approval of its amendments to the definition of non-public arbitrator in the Customer and Industry Codes of Arbitration Procedures.
- Receives SEC approval of its amendments to the definition of non-public arbitrator in the Customer and Industry Codes of Arbitration Procedures.
- Receives SEC approval of several changes to its registration rules including the creations of a general knowledge examination an specialized knowledge examinations.
- Files rule change to establish charges for a new option to submit website and web pages in their native format to FINRA’s Advertising Regulation Department.
From the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board:
- Proposes changes to its Form G-45 related to the reporting of information of municipal fund securities in order to collect additional data about transaction fees assessed by ABLE programs.
- Posts updated specifications related to its Midpoint Extended Life Order which is pending SEC approval.
- Proposes changes to its fee schedule to use its Testing Facility.
- Files amendments to its Closing Crossed rules to reject Market Maker Peg Order flagged to participate in the Cross and an accommodation for repricing LOC Orders in Tick Size Pilot securities during certain time periods.
- Updates its market data specifications Total View ITCH to support new LULD Auction Collar information on November 20, 2017.
- Announces effective October 16, 2017 it has updated specifications to support the new Reject Order Reason Code of “q” – Midpoint Peg Order Are Not Accepted in a Crossed Market.
- Delays the rollout of the remaining symbols for enhancements to its Closing Cross to allow for additional testing.
- Announces a new INET Compliance Report “Specialist Opening Quote – PMM” available on October 9, 2017.
- Reminds members top complete the survey its sent to firm’s Compliance Officers to obtain information related to sponsored market access relationships with any of the Nasdaq exchanges.
- Announces on November 20, 2017 all Nasdaq equity markets will support LULD Amendment 12.
From National Securities Clearing Corporation:
- Announces on November 27, 2017 it will remove certain Fund/SERV forms from the DTCC website noting the forms are available on its Web Portal.
From the New York Stock Exchange:
- Issues reminder to its Members of their obligations under SEC Rule 15c3-5 known as Market Access rules.
- Files rule proposal amending its rules to conform with upcoming changes to Reg NMS Plan to address Extraordinary Market Volatility.
From Options Clearing Corporation:
- Files several rule changes related to defaults, counterparty risk, clearing member default, liquidity shortfalls and credit losses in extreme events.
From the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board:
- Issues Alert to discuss certain significant matters related to the application of its standards regarding the implementation of the new accounting standard for revenue from contracts with customers.
From the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission:
- Proposes amendments to simplify and modernize certain disclosure requirements of Regulation S-K.