Highlights Recently Published Regulatory Notices
01 – 15 of November 2017
From the Chicago Board Options Exchange:
- Issues notice outlining its policies related to sexual and other forms of harassment.
- Announces it will systemically reject All-or-None simple and complex orders in all proprietary classes.
- Files rule proposal to describe functionality and to adopt fees for a new front-end order entry and management platform known as Silexx.
- Will begin accepting applications from qualifying TPHs for the Lead Market-Maker role in the extended trading hours session for SPX options.
- Files rule amendments to its previous filing related to the fees to be established and paid by industry members to support the Consolidated Audit Trail.
- Proposes several changes to its Compression Forum rules.
- Announces effective November 27, 2017 it will no longer email rule filings to its members.
- Proposes amendments to its governance documents and rule related to directors, committees and regulatory oversight committees.
From the Depository Trust Company:
- Citing studies of the shortened PPA timeframe implemented last year, DTC proposes to revert back to the one-year timeframe.
- Issues advisory to financial firms discussing schemes being used by North Korea to evade UN sanctions, launder funds and finance weapons of mass destruction and ballistic missile programs.
- Announces SEC approval of its Capital Acquisition Brokers rules.
- Seeks industry comments on a proposal to give firms more flexibility to conduct remote inspections of “qualifying offices” that meet specific criteria rather than the on-site inspection current requirement.
- Receives SEC approval of Rule 6898 which establishes the procedures for resolving potential disputes related to CAT fees charged to industry members.
- Publishes its monthly report of disciplinary actions.
From the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board:
- Announces its vision for the future of EMMA.
- Issues data on its review of municipal trading as reported to EMMA.
- Announces revisions to its Series 52 examination.
- Announces it will change the transmission schedule for PHLX, NOM, and BX Options market data feeds effective December 18, 2017.
- Files rule change amending its Rule 4702(b)(5) to provide that Midpoint Peg Post-Only orders may not participate in the Closing Cross.
- Announces the final tranche of symbols being rolled out on November 13, 2017 as part of the completion of the enhancements to the closing cross.
- Publishes notice that it will implement the new LULD Auction Collar information on its Nasdaq market only – it will not be implemented on its BX or PSX at this time.
From National Securities Clearing Corporation:
- Announces details of its changes to ACATS-Fund/SERV processes related to its initiative to shorten the ACATS cycles.
From Options Clearing Corporation:
- Issues reminder to members of their responsibilities related to the transition to the new OCC Escrow Deposit Program.
- Files rule change to modify its margin methodology by obtaining and incorporating daily price and returns data of securities to estimate accurate margin.
From the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission:
- Announces the formation and members of a new Fixed Income Market Structure Advisory Committee.
- Releases a statement from Chair Jay Clayton responding to the request for exemptive relief submitted to the SEC by the Participants of the Consolidated Audit Trail after he rejected the request.
- Division of Enforcement releases its Annual Report which includes a review of enforcement actions for 2017 and its priorities for 2018.