01 01 18 – 01 15 18 Recently Published Regulatory Notices
Highlights Recently Published Regulatory Notices
January 1-15, 2018
From the Consolidated Audit Trail:
- Releases updated specification for Participant reporting.
From Depository Trust Company:
- Issues list of non-transferrable securities for which the certificates will be destroyed on or after April 13, 2018.
- Publishes details of the final statements issued to firms for the annual registration.
- Issues FAQs related to its new rules to address the financial exploitation of seniors and other vulnerable adults.
- Issues request for comment on a proposal that would require specified member firms to notify FINRA with 48 hours after specified events that may be a warning of an adverse change in liquidity risk.
- Issues its annual Regulatory & Examination Priorities letter for 2018.
- FINRA posts an updated Interpretations of Financial and Operations Rules Manual in response to the SEC rule changes related to the shortened settlement cycle.
- Files the content outline and selection specifications for its new Securities Industry Essentials examination.
From Municipal Securities Rule Making Board:
- Issues request for applicants to serve on its Board of Directors.
- Files proposal related to Participant risk settings including new Rule 6200 to permit it to share Participant risk settings with clearing members the clear transactions on behalf of the Participant.
- Pending regulatory approval, it will shorten the Display-Only period for all IPO’s from 15 minutes to 10 minutes on February 5, 2018.
From the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission:
- Issues No-Action Letter related to a new revenue recognition standard under FASB Accounting Standard Topic 606.
- Adopts amendments to its rule that defines a venture capital fund and a rule that implements the private fund adviser exemption in the ’40 Act to align with the changes made under the FAST Act.
- Options a rule under the ’33 Act to provide that certain compunctions involving security-based swaps will not be deemed an “offer” of such swaps for the purposes of Section 5 of the Act.
- Issues notice of the annual inflation adjustment of the maximum amount of civil monetary penalties under the ’33 Act, the ’34 Act, the ’40 Investment Company Act, the ’40 Investment Adviser Act and SOX